My Child's Birth Story


Wanna know the story how I gave birth to Master? Let me share it to you.


When I saw this photo circulating in Facebook... it reminds me the day I gave birth to Master.

Last night, I showed him this photo. I told him, Nak, ganito nung ipinanganak kita. He looked closely. Di naman baby yan eh, he said. I was laughing telling him how a child gets out of his mommy's womb. Sabi kasi nya, Eh di ba sa tyan galing yung baby? Dapat hiniwa sa tyan hindi sa pwet nilalabas. Hahaha. No matter how much I try to explain to him, medyo di sya naniniwala.




On the dawn of the 17th day of July, as I woke up, I felt a little pain from my tummy. That time, it is quite early for me to give birth that's why as I got up I prayed to God to please not let me to give birth on that day because we still don't have enough money for my delivery. BUT when I went to the bathroom to pee, I saw blood stains from my undies. It's a sign. I remember my OB saying, Pag lumabas ang dugo hintayin mong humilab ang tyan mo then manganganak ka na nun. Pag naman lumabas sayo ay tubig, magpunta ka na dito (lying-in). Eh medyo tolerable pa ang pain that day, kaya keme lang ako.

On that day, I did my normal everyday preggy routine. Hugas pinggan, walis sahig, lampaso sahig, nood TV, luto pagkain, etc. I didn't told everyone na humihilab ang tyan ko. As the day goes on, pasakit sya ng pasakit. Anak ng... manganganak na nga ata ako.

Sleep time came, everything is still quite normal except my aching tummy. Edi eto na, tulugan na. Pasakit ng pasakit lalo ang tyan ko hanggang sa umuungol na ako. When pain stops, I get the chance to sleep. Pero I was turning on both my sides because di na tumitigil ang pain.

Around 3AM of July 18, I stood up, went to the altar to pray the rosary while walking to and fro the sala area. I was praying na sana nga wag muna ako manganak. Second, if I am about to give birth na, sana I have all the strength and courage to do so. Though, malaki naman tiwala ko sa sarili ko that I am able to pass through this first very important event in my life as a woman.

Pass 4AM, my mom went out of our room and same me sitting on the sofa na mukhang pusang ewan na umuungol. Manganganak ka na? Mama asked me. Siguro? Hahahaha. Because I don't know what to say eh. Then, she hoped in thrill that I was about to give birth na nga. Ginising nya ang dalawa kong kapatid. My sister, to fetch my Ninang Lita because she's the one assigned to accompany me going to lying-in because my mama is nerbyosa. My brother naman, to fetch the manghihilot. I don't know what's in my mom's mind kung bakit nya pinasundo yun.

While they were frantically doing their tasks, nagtimpla ako ng gatas so I have something inside my stomach (besides fetus Master). After drinking my milk, I did a half-bath, para di naman ako mabaho pag manganak ako. Hahaha. Kaso when I am removing my clothes, I saw I have many blood na pala sa aking shorts. Then the feeling of natatae, ayun nararamdaman ko. Hilab + natatae + dugo, ay ewan ahahaha. After washing my face and my bloody p___, nagbihis na ako. Then, I waited for my ninang na to arrive, while I was holding a bag with fetus Master's stuffs in it.

Nang dumating na si Ninang... I was, Ninang bakit ang tagal mo?! I was quite naiinis na because I could no longer bear the pain anymore. Kinabog neto ang lahat ng heartbreak at pagdurusa ko sa buhay. My ninang naman... Ay sya tara na tara na. Hahahaha. Then we walk hurriedly papunta sa area kung san naman namin hinintay yung tinawag na tricycle. While waiting, sumandal ako sa pader while yelling to my ninang, Asan na ba yung tricycle? Bakit ang tagal? She tried to calm me, kaso syempre kala mo makapag kalma ka pa? Eh anak na anak na ako. Hehe.

Nang dumating ang tricycle, sumakay na kami agad. I noticed that napakabagal nung tricycle. I told that to my ninang. She told the driver na bilisan ang takbo. Sabi ni Kuyang, Matatagtag po kasi si Ate (me). Eh anak ng .... I shouted at him na Kuya manganganak na ako, kaya iharurot mo na yan. 

Around 7AM, when we arrived at the lying-in the midwife is in shock because I was in a hurry. Mommy, di pa ko tapos magguhit ng kilay, she told me. I went inside the paanakan area agad and asked her what should I do. She told me to remove my undies and pants and to lie na nga dun sa bed. I did everything she told me with no asdfghjkl. Pagkahiga ko sa bed, uhm bukaka agad. La na ko pake because I got plenty of blood na and the feeling of natatae eh di nawawala sa akin. I asked again the midwife what to do next. Sabi nya, iri na daw ako. Eh di ko alam, I told her to teach me how. Haha. Then, I got it na. And did the pag-iri thing.

Halo-halo na ang feeling. I didn't even know that she already cut my **** not until I asked her because I was wondering that she should do that agad para madali kong mailabas si Master. After a couple of minutes of I no longer recall what are those haha, the midwife then helped me. I think, she did her thing na. After almost 30 minutes of battle against pain and natatae feeling, I finally gave birth to Master. "Congratulations" those are the words that I hear inside my head. Remember Willie Revillame's dancer nicknamed Congratulations? Yan, yang boses nya ang naririnig ko. When I looked at the other bed, intended for the newborn, I saw my Master fresh from my womb and bloody. Mahabang bata at malaki ang ilong. After that tinuran ni Ateng Midwife ang IV ko with more anesthesia. Borlog na ang lola nyo afterwards.

That afternoon, we were able to go home na. The feeling of happiness and new hope ang nangingibabaw saken. That day, I became a mother. Certified and legit. I will never forget that day as long as I live, and I will never get tired telling that story.


2 comments

  1. I'm a labor and delivery room nurse. Was that your first pregnancy? You're lucky you didn't endure the pain for hours. I see mothers birth everyday and it's one of life's little miracles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Alissa, that's my first. I am indeed lucky! Buti nadaan sa prayers at gabi gabi kong pakikiusap kay Master na wag ako pahirapan :)

      Delete